- 1 1.1 (of rooms) suite (feminine) the bridal o honeymoon suite la suite nupcialMore example sentences1.2 (of furniture) juego (masculine) three-piece suite juego de sofá y dos sillones, juego de sala de tres piezas, tresillo (masculine) (Spain/España) bedroom/dining-room suite (juego de) dormitorio (m)/comedor (m) bathroom suite juego de artefactos de baño
More example sentences1.3 [Music/Música] suite (feminine)
- The kitchen area, which will serve smaller suites of dining rooms, is extensive enough to ensure that guests will not be eating sandwiches.
- We shared a ‘state room,’ which was actually a suite with a common room, a bathroom, and two smaller bedrooms for us at either side.
- We slept in a family suite, with two single beds in the bedroom for Gabrielle and Matthew and a pull-down double bed in the lounge for my wife and me.
More example sentences
- The Leather Sofa Company is now the premier arena in the South East for leather sofas, suites, armchairs, recliners and the new vogue - suede and leather cube poufs.
- The family's purchases from Courts in Staples Corner, London, included a dining table and four chairs, a coffee table, a lamp table, a three-piece suite and a bed.
- A star attraction was a bedroom suite designed by Royal furniture maker David Linley which sold for £19,200.
More example sentences1.4 [Computing/Informática] juego (masculine)
- His division of works into dance suites and more serious music is essentially the same as Corelli's distinction between sonate da camera and sonate da chiesa.
- Partitas are simply suites of dances, although we shall quickly see that Bach's dances aren't meant for court or rustic dancers.
- Brooks Bruzzese perfectly delineated the sentimentality of Holst's Air and brought high spirited pulse to the suite's concluding Dance.
More example sentences
- Spring Songs, the little suite of five pieces for treble recorder that opens this disc, lives up to its title.
- The late musicologist Christopher Palmer tried to promote this score by arranging a suite from it.
- Prokofiev fashioned a suite of six pieces resembling a classical divertimento, but one laced with dissonances, evoking Stravinsky's Octet.
- All the programs in the suite have a coherent design, even when you start getting into their more complex settings, and it's in this usability that McAfee is head and shoulders above any of its rivals.
- QMTP is a supplemental suite of programs designed for moving mail over slow connections.
- Over the years, IBM Lotus has developed a broad suite of collaborative applications designed to run as part of its core groupware platform.
- 2 (retinue) séquito (m), comitiva (f)More example sentences
- At twelve precisely of that day, Queen Victoria and her suite entered London, coming from Scotland where she had been residing for some time.
- His flight was arranged for during one of the king's long marches when the party had stopped for the night at a farm-house; and the king and his suite occupied a barn, and the prince and his attendants slept in another at some little distance.
- On Saturday, 22nd, His Royal Highness, after visiting several of the public buildings of the city, accompanied by his suite, took his departure from Chicago by the same car that had brought him.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.