Translation of suitor in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in marriage)Example sentences1.2 (Business) (in acquisition)
posible adquisidor, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Though the young duchess was only ten years of age, it would not be long before she would be receiving suitors and entertaining marriage proposals.
- The weakest part of her performance comes in her relationship with the four suitors and in the delivery of the Rose Adagio and here it might be worth a comparison with Makarova herself.
- As a result of the removal of romance from marriage, suitors are judged, not by their love for a woman, but by how well they can provide for her.
- For prospective suitors keen to expand in Europe's largest economy, however, Commerz is sized just about right.
- The bank found other prospective suitors, which ultimately jacked up the price.
- The company had already met with suitors interested in a buyout or strategic partnership, but could not find a good match on price or philosophy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.