adj (-trier, -triest)
- 1 [climate/weather/day] sofocante, bochornosoMore example sentences
- As his plane moved through the sultry air at eleven thousand feet he reviewed his progress.
- It was a welcome relief from the sultry weather conditions for people as Chandigarh and the adjoining areas had a low to moderate rainfall today.
- So what's the next best option to escape from the sultry weather?
- 2 (sensual) [voice/smile/person] sensual, seductorMore example sentences
- It's impossible to imagine her as the girl next door or a sultry temptress, so she often ends up playing the sexless totty, rather than the heroine.
- She shot to fame as a sultry seductress in Desperate Housewives.
- She reinvented herself from cute girl-next-door to sultry diva.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.