adjective/adjetivo (-trier, -triest)
- 1 [climate/weather/day] sofocante, bochornosoMore example sentences
- As his plane moved through the sultry air at eleven thousand feet he reviewed his progress.
- It was a welcome relief from the sultry weather conditions for people as Chandigarh and the adjoining areas had a low to moderate rainfall today.
- So what's the next best option to escape from the sultry weather?
- 2 (sensual) [voice/smile/person] sensual, seductorMore example sentences
- It's impossible to imagine her as the girl next door or a sultry temptress, so she often ends up playing the sexless totty, rather than the heroine.
- She shot to fame as a sultry seductress in Desperate Housewives.
- She reinvented herself from cute girl-next-door to sultry diva.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.