Translation of sum in Spanish:
- 1 (calculation — in general) cuenta (feminine); (— addition) suma (feminine), adición (feminine) [formal] I'll have to do my sums tengo que hacer cuentas or cálculos she's very good at sums es muy buena en aritméticaExample sentences
- A perfect number is defined to be one which is equal to the sum of its aliquot parts.
- In fact the Egyptians only had fractions of this type and if the answer had not involved a unit fraction then the Egyptians would have written the fractional part as the sum of unit fractions.
- Find a right triangle having the property that the hypotenuse equals the sum of one leg plus the altitude on the hypotenuse.
- You saw crates of certain sizes, and then you would do your sums and then do your deductions from that.
- Have you ever wondered why your children seem to do their sums upside-down nowadays?
- She said: ‘I still have to do my sums and see if it is still a possibility for me.’
- 3 (of money) suma (feminine) or cantidad (feminine) (de dinero) she spends vast sums on clothes gasta muchísimo (dinero) en ropaExample sentences
- Is it right to spend vast sums of money funding expensive conferences?
- Most Japanese currently hold large sums of money in secure savings accounts that yield zero interest.
- The conman asks the person contacted to contribute a small sum of money to speed up the release of the funds.
sum up verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento 1.1 (summarize) [discussion/report] resumir, sintetizar* the situation can be summed up in one word: chaos la situación se puede sintetizar en una palabra: caos 1.2 (assess) [person] catalogar* she quickly summed up the situation enseguida se hizo una composición de lugar, enseguida evaluó la situación 1.1verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio 2.1 (summarize) recapitular to sum up, our analysis shows that … resumiendo or en resumen or para recapitular, nuestro análisis demuestra que … 2.2 [Law/Derecho] recapitular
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.