Translation of summer in Spanish:
- we always go away in (the) summersiempre nos vamos de vacaciones en (el) veranowe spent the summer in Francepasamos el verano or veraneamos en Franciait was high summerera pleno veranoa hot summer's dayun caluroso día de veranoa woman of some seventy summers [literary]una mujer de unos setenta abriles [literary](before noun) (weather/clothes/vacation)the summer season
de veranola estación veraniega or estivalsummer vacation o (British English) holidaysvacaciones (feminine plural) de verano or estivalesExample sentences
- The southern tip of South America is chilly, even in the summer month of December.
- The inland region has a continental climate with very cold winters, hot, humid summers, and spring and autumn seasons that are often rainy.
- This site has a humid continental climate with warm summers, cool winters and no distinct dry season.
- At the age of eight summers his father had been assassinated.
- Even though he is eight summers everyone knows he is nay a fighter.
- After sixteen summers a child of the plain, no matter what gender or tribe, goes through the rite of passage.
pasar el verano
pasar el veranoExample sentences
- These birds summer in Alberta Canada and winter at the Aransas Wildlife Refuge in Texas.
- Birds summering in northern Europe, where waters are closed by ice in winter, show the strongest migratory movements.
- Diane and John Connelly are seen toasting Patsy and Greg Fourticq at O'Rourke's on their return to Houston after summering in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- They summered the cattle in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of eastern California and then moved them each fall to winter pasture in the lower elevations of western Nevada where the home ranch is located.
- My husband and his father raised beef cattle for many years and they summered the cattle on a piece of mountain property which they owned.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.