Translation of summon in Spanish:
- 1.1 (send for)(servant/waiter)
mandar llamar (Latin America)(police/doctor)
pedir(meeting/parliament)the Prime Minister summoned his cabinet
convocarel Primer Ministro convocó al gabineteshe summoned me to her sideme llamó a su ladoExample sentences
- She studied him as he summoned the waitress and ordered more tea, and found what she saw to her liking.
- She's been looking for a new job for over 2 years so when she found out she'd got this one, she summoned me round immediately to drink champagne with her.
- It tasted great too, so it was with heavy heart that I summoned a waiter over and told him I had never ordered rabbit before and I simply did not like the taste.
Example sentences1.2 (Law)
- Several people reported that it was only when a symptom in common with the previous acute myocardial infarction occurred that they summoned medical help.
- ‘Not one of the boys went to his aid, or thereafter summoned help, or displayed any concern for their hapless victim,’ said Mr Martin.
- In the bedroom and bathroom are other safety gadgets - alarms that automatically summon help if the floor floods, or if the wearer takes a fall.
Example sentences1.3→ summon up
- The holding has filed in court several objections; the main being that the meeting was summoned by a management not listed in the Trade Register.
- He summoned a family meeting to plot a fightback.
- Manda proposed that the ZRFU should summon a meeting of councillors to discuss the change of tenure of office from two to four years and then hold elections for new office bearers.
- Two months before I was due to leave the area I was summoned as a witness to give evidence at the High Court in defence of a patient.
- In order to do this effectively it may be given powers equivalent to those of the High Court to summon witnesses, send for documents, administer oaths, etc.
- Following a raid on Chang's residence and office on Friday, prosecutors summoned him to appear for questioning yesterday.
- 1.1 (gather)
(resources)he summoned up the courage to ask her
se armó de valor para preguntárseloI couldn't even summon up the strength to get up the stairs
ni siquiera pude reunir or cobrar fuerzas para subir la escalera1.2 (call up)
(thoughts)to summon up memories
traer recuerdos a la memoria
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.