- 1 (bacterium — genetically engineered) bacteria (feminine) transgénica; (— drug-resistant) superbacteria (feminine)More example sentences
- And scientists in the UK are looking for new ways to deal with antibiotic resistant hospital superbugs.
- After hearing evidence from the World Health Organisation and others in 1997, the EU banned avoparcin because of fears about resistant superbugs spreading from poultry to humans.
- It has helped us to understand why medicines do not always work as we might hope, why irresponsible use of antibiotics has bred superbugs, how the AIDS virus does its terrible work.
- 2 (insect) superinsecto (masculine)More example sentences
- The emergence of such superbugs, which experts have long predicted, poses a grave threat.
- As for superbugs - agricultural pests or bacteria that have become immune to pesticides or antibiotics from overuse - he says inadequate effort has been made to detect them.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Junta Autonómica is the name given to the governments of Spain's autonomous regions, with the exception of Catalonia and Valencia's Generalitat and Galicia's Xunta.