Translation of superior in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (better)to be superior (
tosomething/somebody)ser superior (the sound is definitely superior aalgo/alguien)
ser mejor (
quealgo/alguien)el sonido es decididamente superior or mejorour cars are superior in design to theirsnuestros coches superan a los suyos en el diseñoExample sentences1.2 (above average)
(workmanship/writer)they sell only superior quality goods
- Ask for a box rim flushing system over a standard rim flush for superior performance in a close coupled unit.
- A lot of companies are interested in investing in Ireland - they have superior building systems and can provide a superior standard of service.
- Krahling buys directly from a number of growers, each selected for the superior quality of his or her product.
de gran calidadsolo venden productos de primera calidad
- 2 (arrogant)(tone/smile)she said it in a superior way
de superioridad or suficiencialo dijo con tono de superioridad or de suficienciahe's so superiorse da unos aires de superioridadExample sentences
- If you were a member, or aspiring member, of the latter group, you looked with superior amusement at the awkward wretches who were building a more curious identity with the help of drug culture.
- People who try to pretend they're superior make it so much harder for those of us who really are.
- He is equal parts superior, insecure, vain, snobbish, and fearful.
- 3 (higher in rank, status) his superior officersu superiorleave it to someone superior to youdéjaselo a alguno de tus superioresExample sentences
- They were certainly physically superior to me.
- And sometimes, US drama is superior to the UK equivalent.
- Determining which is the superior choice for residential applications depends on whom you ask.
- 4 (in amount, number) given their superior numbers, we cannot windada su superioridad numérica, no podemos ganarExample sentences
- Now the subjects can be brought to fear not only the ruler's superior force, but also his supernatural powers.
- Colonial conquest was not only the result of the power of superior arms and military organisation, but sustained and strengthened as much by the cultural technologies of rule.
- Yet DeGaulle and a small group of partisans went underground and refused to accept the superior power of the German army.
- 7 (Astronomy)(planet)
- 1.1 (in rank, position) she's my superior(ella) es mi superior1.2 (in ability) she has few superiorspocos la superanshe is his superior as a poetes mejor poeta que él1.3 (Religion)superior, (-riora) (masculine, feminine)Father SuperiorPadre (masculine) SuperiorMother SuperiorMadre (feminine) SuperioraExample sentences
- It happened almost ten years ago when the religious superior of my Franciscan Friary advised the priests in the community that we would no longer assist in local churches on weekends since there were so few priests in the house.
- By 1579, the Jesuit, Matteo Ricci, in a letter to his superiors, offered a more detailed description of the plant's cultivation and was the first to note a difference in brewing between the Chinese and the Japanese.
- Whether from superiors, colleagues or focus testing, all feedback is invaluable - it is very easy to get too close to your work, and fresh perspectives can make a lot of difference.
- The problem is compounded by his shyness, his fear of being spotted by a colleague or superior from the shipyard, his total lack of experience, and the fact that he really doesn't like cheese.
- If the code is followed in your workplace, you should be made aware of allegations or complaints against you by a colleague or superior.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.