- 1 1.1 (better) to be superior (
tosth/sb) ser* superior ( aalgo/algn), ser* mejor ( quealgo/algn) the sound is definitely superior el sonido es decididamente superior or mejor our cars are superior in design to theirs nuestros coches superan a los suyos en el diseñoMore example sentences1.2 (above average) [workmanship/writer] de gran calidad they sell only superior quality goods solo venden productos de primera calidad
- Ask for a box rim flushing system over a standard rim flush for superior performance in a close coupled unit.
- A lot of companies are interested in investing in Ireland - they have superior building systems and can provide a superior standard of service.
- Krahling buys directly from a number of growers, each selected for the superior quality of his or her product.
- 2 (arrogant) [tone/smile] de superioridad or suficiencia she said it in a superior way lo dijo con tono de superioridad or de suficiencia he's so superior se da unos aires de superioridadMore example sentences
- If you were a member, or aspiring member, of the latter group, you looked with superior amusement at the awkward wretches who were building a more curious identity with the help of drug culture.
- People who try to pretend they're superior make it so much harder for those of us who really are.
- He is equal parts superior, insecure, vain, snobbish, and fearful.
- 3 (higher in rank, status) his superior officer su superior leave it to someone superior to you déjaselo a alguno de tus superioresMore example sentences
- They were certainly physically superior to me.
- And sometimes, US drama is superior to the UK equivalent.
- Determining which is the superior choice for residential applications depends on whom you ask.
- 4 (in amount, number) given their superior numbers, we cannot win dada su superioridad numérica, no podemos ganarMore example sentences
- Now the subjects can be brought to fear not only the ruler's superior force, but also his supernatural powers.
- Colonial conquest was not only the result of the power of superior arms and military organisation, but sustained and strengthened as much by the cultural technologies of rule.
- Yet DeGaulle and a small group of partisans went underground and refused to accept the superior power of the German army.
- 5 (above) [formal] to be superior
tosth estar* por encima de algoMore example sentences
- The upper horns (or superior cornua) meet the back of the hyoid bone, while the inferior cornua are attached to the side of the cricoid, forming a pivotal joint.
- 6 (higher, upper) superior
- 7 [Astronomy/Astronomía] [planet] superior
- 1.1 (in rank, position) superior (masculine) she's my superior (ella) es mi superior 1.2 (in ability) she has few superiors pocos la superan she is his superior as a poet es mejor poeta que él 1.3 [Religion/Religión] superior, (masculine, feminine) Father Superior Padre (masculine) Superior Mother Superior Madre (feminine) Superiora
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.