Translation of supreme in Spanish:
- 1 (of highest authority)(power)Supreme Commander
supremoComandante (masculine) Supremo or en jefeGod, the supreme architectDios, el Sumo HacedorHomer remains supreme among poetsHomero sigue siendo el poeta supremo→ reign 2 2Example sentences
- The commanders in chief exercised supreme authority in their respective zones and acted in concert on questions affecting the whole country.
- It was also entirely possible, although I don't recall, that the president would also have to put his signature on a document as the supreme authority in the Niger regime.
- Unity can be achieved only by maintaining a strict homogeneity of views or submission or subordination to a single authority, necessarily the supreme leader of the Communist Party.
- 2 (extreme)(effort)one of man's supreme achievements
supremouno de los mayores logros del hombrewith supreme indifference/couragecon la mayor or con suprema indiferencia/valentíathe supreme irony would be if …el colmo de la ironía sería que …Example sentences
- Coaches and athletes, some of them interviewed anonymously, say that after one supreme national effort, the hothouse intensity of the Chinese way will not survive the 2008 games.
- I was lucky in that I already knew about half the people there, but it seemed very easy to wander up and talk to the ones I didn't know, primarily because of the supreme efforts of our host and his team of helpers to make us feel at home.
- I knew that holding the candy in her plump little hands all that time without unwrapping it represented a supreme effort of the will for my incurably chocoholic daughter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.