Translation of surcharge in Spanish:
- to impose a surcharge on somethingaplicar un recargo a algoimport surchargesobretasa (feminine) de importaciónExample sentences
- We use the surcharge to encourage faster payments, and it works.
- If the tax payment is still not made by 28 February, an additional surcharge of 5% on the outstanding balance is imposed.
- Late payment surcharges will be applied in accordance with Section 3.1 of the Student Fee Regulations.
- (usually passive)(person)you may be surcharged
aplicar un recargo atal vez le apliquen un recargothe parcel was surchargedhubo que pagar un recargo por el paqueteExample sentences
- The fall in interest rates has masked evidence that lenders are continuing to surcharge borrowers in the Republic.
- If a court were to determine that the litigation was not likely to provide a benefit to the trust, the court might surcharge the trustee for all attorney fees.
- If businesses can surcharge, then they might be able to maneuver their customers into paying more, or they might be able to make more money off people who would otherwise use out-of-state checks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.