Translation of surf in Spanish:
- 1.1 (waves) olas (feminine plural) ([ rompientes ]); (swell) oleaje (masculine) 1.2 (foam) espuma (feminine)Example sentences
- Occasionally, we could hear surf breaking on the reef that surrounded us.
- With a roar of surf, the wave struck the beach and raced inland toward them.
- The game is played in the surf, in rough surf with decent booming waves.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [Computing/Informática] explorar, navegar* en to surf the Internet/Web navegar* or surfear en or por Internet/la web
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas