n (pl -ries)
- 1 u (science) cirugía (f) he underwent surgery fue intervenido quirúrgicamente [formal], fue operado he had o underwent major/minor surgery fue sometido a or le practicaron una intervención quirúrgica seria/de menor importancia [formal] the patient is in surgery el paciente está en el quirófano or en la sala de operacionesMore example sentences
- Mngani said the current internship covers three or four domains such as internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Possible adverse events were detected by two nurses in medicine and surgery and two midwives in obstetrics.
- Lasers are used in a variety of situations in medicine and surgery.
- 2 2.1 c (room) (BrE) consultorio (m), consulta (f) 2.2 c u (BrE) (consultation period — of doctor) consulta (f); (— of MP) sesión durante la cual un parlamentario atiende las consultas de sus electores to have o hold a surgery [doctor] tener* or atender* consulta (before n) [times/hours] de consultaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- It is hoping to open on Saturday mornings as well as holding a late surgery one weekday evening.
- Three Salford GPs will carry out the surgery in sessions held two or three times a week.
More example sentences
- Woodhatch residents no longer need to travel to Redhill for advice as an outreach surgery will be operating soon on their doorstep.
- The first was held at the weekly coffee morning in the Methodist Church and he followed that with an evening surgery on Monday night.
- It houses a resource library where residents can access computers and welfare information and hosts a weekly surgery where the public can meet street wardens and local councillors.
- Literature will be available from libraries, GP surgeries, hospitals and dentists.
- I believe that is an underestimate judging how filthy some hospitals and doctor's surgeries are.
- Medical wastes result from treatment of patients in hospitals, clinics, and surgeries.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.