Translation of surplus in Spanish:
noun plural surpluses
- (of produce, stock)(of funds) superávit (masculine)food surplusesexcedentes de alimentosoperating surplusbeneficios (masculine plural) de explotacióna balance-of-trade surplus
(Latin America tb) utilidades (feminine plural) de explotaciónun superávit en la balanza de pagosExample sentences
- In the West, a surplus of food supply has made obesity the main concern of adults, and slimness has been regarded as a symbol of health and beauty.
- Hunter-gatherer societies don't produce enough food surpluses to support those extra people.
- None of this would have been possible without the development of agriculture and the capacity to produce a surplus of food that could be supplied to a sector of the population that was no longer responsible for feeding itself.
- He further said the narrowing surplus in the current account resulted from a narrowing surplus in the investment income account.
- The notion that equity pre-funding financed by on-budget surpluses can increase capital accumulation buys into the fallacies that have driven policies of fiscal austerity.
- It has $125 million of surplus of assets over liabilities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.