Translation of surplus in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural surpluses)
- (of produce, stock) excedente (masculine); (of funds) superávit (masculine) food surpluses excedentes de alimentos operating surplus beneficios (masculine plural) or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) utilidades (feminine plural) de explotación a balance-of-trade surplus un superávit en la balanza de pagosExample sentences
- In the West, a surplus of food supply has made obesity the main concern of adults, and slimness has been regarded as a symbol of health and beauty.
- Hunter-gatherer societies don't produce enough food surpluses to support those extra people.
- None of this would have been possible without the development of agriculture and the capacity to produce a surplus of food that could be supplied to a sector of the population that was no longer responsible for feeding itself.
- He further said the narrowing surplus in the current account resulted from a narrowing surplus in the investment income account.
- The notion that equity pre-funding financed by on-budget surpluses can increase capital accumulation buys into the fallacies that have driven policies of fiscal austerity.
- It has $125 million of surplus of assets over liabilities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...