Translation of surrender in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Military)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (hand over) [formal]
- The policy, while savage, often meant the next towns along the way would surrender rather than resist.
- Two days later, on May 2, 1945, all enemy forces in Italy surrendered unconditionally.
- Noriega eventually surrendered voluntarily to U.S. authorities.
- The suit demanded that Seaman surrender the rights to 374 photos he took of the Lennon family and pay unspecified damages.
- In 1931, the French Government was forced to surrender its rights of jurisdiction to the local government.
- The criteria they appear to be using is that any nation that either actively sponsors, gives shelter to or ‘turns a blind eye’ to terrorist activities effectively surrenders its sovereign rights.
- to surrender oneself
tosomething(to indulgence/idleness)just surrender yourself to the music
poralgodéjate llevar por la música
abandónate a la músicaExample sentences
- His carefully ordered routine only begins to unravel when he makes the mistake of surrendering to a very human emotion.
- The three basic skills are attending to, befriending and surrendering to emotions that make us uncomfortable.
- In dealing with the issue, however, the minister expressed the view that we have been surrendering to the idea that society is essentially responsible for all ills.
- 1.1 (capitulation) 1.2 (submission) I call that a surrender to pressure from the rightpara mí eso es claudicar ante las presiones de la derechain passionate surrenderen una entrega apasionada1.3 [formal] (handing over — of passport, document)(— of rights)surrender of property
renuncia (feminine)Example sentences
- As a consequence of the approach adopted by insurance companies on the early surrender of endowment policies, a market has developed in second-hand endowment policies.
- Such a world exists - not for car owners, but for owners of life insurance policies intended for lapse or surrender.
- I conclude on the evidence that the only reason for TMD's involvement at this stage was the early surrender of the lease and that these costs would not have been incurred but for that indication.
- A final series of surrenders followed as hungry Lakota bands capitulated at military posts along the upper Missouri and Yellowstone.
- Close combat is the only form of warfare that results in surrenders.
- The victor would then be able to starve his opponent into surrender, or at least so disrupt his trade that his economy would collapse and he would no longer be able to continue the war.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.