Translation of surround in Spanish:
- 1.1 (encircle)(place/person)the house is surrounded by trees the garden was surrounded by a fence
rodearel jardín estaba cercado por una vallahe was immediately surrounded by his bodyguardsinmediatamente lo rodearon sus guardaespaldaswe are surrounded by so much beautyestamos rodeados de tanta bellezasurrounded by her familyrodeada de su familiamystery surrounds the events leading up to his deathlos acontecimientos que llevaron a su muerte están rodeados de or envueltos en misterio1.2 (Military) we've got you surroundedte tenemos rodeado or cercadoExample sentences
- There will be no parking at the ground or in surrounding streets.
- They thrive off of human interaction, they love company, they love to talk to people, to socialize, to surround themselves with people.
- Restaurants, bars and hotels could surround the water.
- The club was literally surrounded by police forces, including mobile armed units of the patrol service Scut.
- The barn on the property was surrounded by police officers drawing their weapons.
- The jet was surrounded by police and commandos but there was no indication of the number of hijackers.
- the fire surroundel faldón de la chimeneaExample sentences
- Where the original stove would have been, she has created an inglenook fireplace with an oak surround and alcove storage.
- There are two reception rooms, both of which feature original fireplaces with oak surrounds and tiled insets.
- The room has a picture rail and the original fireplace with a mahogany surround.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.