Translation of surround in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (encircle) [place/person] rodear the house is surrounded by trees la casa está rodeada de árboles the garden was surrounded by a fence el jardín estaba cercado por una valla he was immediately surrounded by his bodyguards inmediatamente lo rodearon sus guardaespaldas we are surrounded by so much beauty estamos rodeados de tanta belleza surrounded by her family rodeada de su familia mystery surrounds the events leading up to his death los acontecimientos que llevaron a su muerte están rodeados de or envueltos en misterio 1.2 [Military/Militar] [enemy/position] rodear, cercar* we've got you surrounded te tenemos rodeado or cercadoExample sentences
- There will be no parking at the ground or in surrounding streets.
- They thrive off of human interaction, they love company, they love to talk to people, to socialize, to surround themselves with people.
- Restaurants, bars and hotels could surround the water.
- The club was literally surrounded by police forces, including mobile armed units of the patrol service Scut.
- The barn on the property was surrounded by police officers drawing their weapons.
- The jet was surrounded by police and commandos but there was no indication of the number of hijackers.
- marco (masculine) the fire surround el faldón de la chimenea
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.