Translation of susceptible in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (open, vulnerable)susceptible
tosomething(to colds/infection)he's quite susceptible to a bit of flattery
aalgose lo puede persuadir halagándolo un pocothe style is very susceptible to parodyel estilo se presta a la parodiaExample sentences1.2 (touchy)
- Since yours were newly planted, they were likely more susceptible to the cold.
- Adult birds are susceptible to lead poisoning when their food source is contaminated.
- There are also concerns that a roof could make the tower more susceptible to damage from the elements.
- It occurs when a susceptible person is confronted with a stressful situation, etc.
- This proves the consumer is susceptible and can change at a whim.
- As a susceptible child, I was brainwashed into believing that was true.
- 2 (capable) [formal]susceptible
ofsomething (of change, improvement)susceptible dealgoExample sentences
- These things are not susceptible of translation into a simple ‘yes or no’ question.
- Each item separately may be susceptible of an innocent explanation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.