Translation of susceptible in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (open, vulnerable) susceptible
tosth [to colds/infection] propenso aalgo he's quite susceptible to a bit of flattery se lo puede persuadir halagándolo un poco the style is very susceptible to parody el estilo se presta a la parodiaExample sentences1.2 (touchy) susceptible, sensible
- Since yours were newly planted, they were likely more susceptible to the cold.
- Adult birds are susceptible to lead poisoning when their food source is contaminated.
- There are also concerns that a roof could make the tower more susceptible to damage from the elements.
- It occurs when a susceptible person is confronted with a stressful situation, etc.
- This proves the consumer is susceptible and can change at a whim.
- As a susceptible child, I was brainwashed into believing that was true.
- 2 (capable) [formal] susceptible
ofsth (of change, improvement) susceptible dealgoExample sentences
- These things are not susceptible of translation into a simple ‘yes or no’ question.
- Each item separately may be susceptible of an innocent explanation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.