Translation of susceptible in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (open, vulnerable) susceptible
tosth [to colds/infection] propenso aalgo he's quite susceptible to a bit of flattery se lo puede persuadir halagándolo un poco the style is very susceptible to parody el estilo se presta a la parodiaExample sentences1.2 (touchy) susceptible, sensible
- Since yours were newly planted, they were likely more susceptible to the cold.
- Adult birds are susceptible to lead poisoning when their food source is contaminated.
- There are also concerns that a roof could make the tower more susceptible to damage from the elements.
- It occurs when a susceptible person is confronted with a stressful situation, etc.
- This proves the consumer is susceptible and can change at a whim.
- As a susceptible child, I was brainwashed into believing that was true.
- 2 (capable) [formal] susceptible
ofsth (of change, improvement) susceptible dealgoExample sentences
- These things are not susceptible of translation into a simple ‘yes or no’ question.
- Each item separately may be susceptible of an innocent explanation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to