Translation of suspend in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (stop, set aside)(payment/work)
suspenderExample sentences1.2 (defer, hold over) see also → suspended sentence
- While immediate lay-offs have been temporarily suspended, the crisis continues with thousands of jobs among Rover's suppliers also under threat.
- The traders have been forced to temporarily suspend trading as they do not want any more clients to fall into this black hole.
- Recently Ryanair was forced to temporarily suspend services on its Strasbourg / London route.
- Cannier SME owners will suspend judgement until they see what real changes emerge in the kind of deals their banks are prepared to offer.
- Refreshments were served and the Ballinrobe Branch has now suspended its weekly meeting until September.
- I'm suspending this meeting until a later time when I can get everyone's complete attention and input.
- 2 (debar, ban)(member)
suspender(student)he was suspended from office
suspender (Latin America)fue separado de su cargoExample sentences
- She was suspended from her post in charge of 20 community wardens last summer and her contract was not renewed when it expired in March this year.
- The Evening Echo has learned he was suspended from his role as governor immediately after he was arrested.
- Hall was suspended from his post the following day.
- 3 (hang) (often passive) it seemed to hang suspended in mid airparecía estar suspendido en el aireExample sentences
- In some bizarre animator's joke, they were literally suspended, all hung in the air in a big room.
- The key to the diary was suspended from a silver key chain.
- At the head of the room, a large screen was suspended from the ceiling and onto it was projected what appeared to be the layout for their graduation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.