- 1 u and c 1.1 (cessation) suspensión (feminine) 1.2 (deferment) aplazamiento (masculine), postergación (feminine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina)More example sentences
- The Embassy bombing touched off storms of protests from China and led to suspension of almost all military contacts and planned visits.
- There are many other risks of business interruption and suspension that cannot be transferred to an insurance company.
- The formal suspension of the action led to the resumption of talks with the government in a further attempt to impose a settlement in the 15-month dispute.
- 2 c and u (banning, withdrawal) suspensión (feminine); (of student) expulsión (feminine) temporaria, suspensión (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) suspension from duty separación (feminine) del cargo
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (hanging, being hung) suspensión (feminine) to hang in suspension in mid-air estar* suspendido en el aire
- 4 uncountable/no numerable [Cars/Automovilismo] suspensión (feminine)More example sentences
- The running gear features torsion bar suspension with hydraulic shock absorbers at one, two and six road wheel stations and tracks with rubber-metallic pin hinges.
- The Frontier features a rind leaf spring rear suspension and like the Xterra has the power-assisted rack and pinion steering.
- It was also given a more conventional rear suspension with leaf springs in a typical Hotchkiss design.
- 5 u and c [Chemistry/Química] suspensión (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- An aerosol is a suspension of very small particles of solid or liquid dispersed in a gas medium.
- One of the simplest ways of demonstrating that an apparent solution is actually a suspension of microscopic particles is through light scattering.
- Milk is a colloidal suspension of oil droplets in water.
- It does not dissolve the latex particles, but disperses them in suspension.
- Muds are transported in suspension by surface waters and are widely dispersed from their source area.
- The lipids are held in suspension as tiny globules known as liposomes, and are delivered by a manual-pump aerosol spray onto the closed eye.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.