Translation of swab in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of cotton, gauze) hisopo (masculine) húmedoExample sentences1.2 (specimen) muestra (feminine), frotis (masculine)
- During the exam, your doctor may apply a cotton-tipped swab to the area to see if it is painful.
- The nurse used sterile cotton wool swabs to obtain swab specimens of the wound.
- An alcohol swab cleans the valve connection before each procedure.
- All the three throat swabs were from patients with upper respiratory tract infections while the eye specimen was from a patient with conjunctivitis.
- The doctor or nurse that you see will probably take a swab (sample of cells) from the area to check for the infection that's causing the warts.
- A piece of hair, a nail clipping, or a swab from a glass of beer could all be used to provide information without the person concerned ever knowing.
- 2 (mop) lampazo (masculine)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-bb-)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas