Translation of swab in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of cotton, gauze) hisopo (masculine) húmedoExample sentences1.2 (specimen) muestra (feminine), frotis (masculine)
- During the exam, your doctor may apply a cotton-tipped swab to the area to see if it is painful.
- The nurse used sterile cotton wool swabs to obtain swab specimens of the wound.
- An alcohol swab cleans the valve connection before each procedure.
- All the three throat swabs were from patients with upper respiratory tract infections while the eye specimen was from a patient with conjunctivitis.
- The doctor or nurse that you see will probably take a swab (sample of cells) from the area to check for the infection that's causing the warts.
- A piece of hair, a nail clipping, or a swab from a glass of beer could all be used to provide information without the person concerned ever knowing.
- 2 (mop) lampazo (masculine)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-bb-)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.