Translation of swab in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of cotton, gauze)hisopo (masculine) húmedoExample sentences1.2 (specimen)
- During the exam, your doctor may apply a cotton-tipped swab to the area to see if it is painful.
- The nurse used sterile cotton wool swabs to obtain swab specimens of the wound.
- An alcohol swab cleans the valve connection before each procedure.
- All the three throat swabs were from patients with upper respiratory tract infections while the eye specimen was from a patient with conjunctivitis.
- The doctor or nurse that you see will probably take a swab (sample of cells) from the area to check for the infection that's causing the warts.
- A piece of hair, a nail clipping, or a swab from a glass of beer could all be used to provide information without the person concerned ever knowing.
transitive verb -bb-
- 1.1(wound)1.2 (deck)to swab (down)
limpiar (con algodón, gasa etc)Example sentences
- In the Clark case, technicians swabbed every surface, knowing the smallest trace amount could nab a killer.
- The largest five lesions were swabbed with one swab by gently rubbing the wound surface.
- She swabbed the inside of Sean's elbow, and stuck the needle in.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.