- (especially British English)Example sentences
- Thicken soups and casseroles with puréed vegetables such as potato, swedes, onions and carrots.
- Root vegetables such as turnips, swedes and potatoes can last for months if kept in the dark.
- Then parsnips, onions, carrots, swedes, chestnuts, haricot beans or split peas, a garlic clove.
- sueco, (-ca) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Over here there's a few Swedes and Finns discussing strategy in their native tongues.
- The Swedes and Finns have been harvesting forest biomass to use as energy since the 1970s.
- The competition for the purest vodka is now a two-horse race between the Swedes and the Finns.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.