Translation of sweeping in Spanish:
- 1.1(movement)Example sentences1.2 (indiscriminate) [pejorative]that's rather a sweeping statement, isn't it?
he often made sweeping generalizations¿no estás generalizando demasiado?a menudo caía en burdas generalizacionesExample sentences1.3 (overwhelming) 1.4 (far-reaching)
- This was previously Ben Stevenson's place, she says, her buff arms extending in a sweeping motion to encompass the townhouse living room.
- A rich brew of extended lines, sweeping curves, off-kilter balances, de Schynkel's vocabulary is expressive without being literal.
- High above Kresna, we were following a trail through the foothills of Pirin, and were being treated to a sweeping panorama that seemingly extended all the way to Greece.
- The only possible exception to this sweeping statement would be Karl Marx - and Marx himself was heavily influenced by Hegel.
- Making a generalised and sweeping statement on every politician and the whole system was an irresponsible act.
- There was a general sweeping statement, because, of course, it does not have the World Health Organization findings.
- The government plans to give sweeping powers to a wide range of organisations to spy on us.
- Berlusconi then reverted to his normal strategy by pleading for several more years to put into effect the sweeping reforms he had promised on his election.
- There is a well-known method for examining deaths involving a range of sweeping issues - the provincial inquest system.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.