Translation of sweet in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 (of taste) this soup tastes sweetesta sopa sabe or está dulcethe liquid was sweet to the tasteel líquido tenía un gusto or sabor dulceI don't like my coffee too sweetno me gusta el café demasiado dulce or azucaradoavoid sweet thingsevite los dulcesExample sentences
- They all exhibit sour, salty, sweet, and bitter tastes or can be any combination of the four.
- Human taste buds react to four tastes: sweet, sour, salty, and bitter.
- Some people taking the drug simply complain that food has lost its taste, but others report a strongly metallic bitter or sweet taste.
- 2 2.1 (fresh, wholesome)(smell)the air smelled sweet after the rain
agradabledespués de la lluvia el aire olía a limpio2.2(water)
- She enjoyed the shade that the rustling green canopy gave herself and her boyfriend as they sat together, breathing the fresh and sweet air.
- There breathes in the face a sweet air of the purest grace, with the hair gathered simply, and all the lineaments are formed to beauty and to modesty.
- Fresh, sweet air breezed past Shana's head, her fawn-colored hair streaming behind her in the gust.
- I took in a deep breath and smelled the flowers' sweet fragrance.
- Never again would she see her mom's sparkling blue eyes when Lillie told her one of her lame jokes, or smell the sweet fragranced perfume her mother always wore.
- Up closer he could smell the sweet scent of her perfume, he only just realised too how incredibly beautiful she was.
- 3 3.1 (pleasant, gratifying) for him victory/success was sweetla victoria/el éxito le supo a gloriatheir applause came as sweet music to my earssus aplausos me sonaron a música celestialgood night, sweet dreamsbuenas noches y que sueñes con los angelitosshe always goes her own sweet waysiempre hace lo que (se) le da la real gana3.2 (kind, lovable)(nature/temper/smile)she's a very sweet person
dulcees un encanto (de persona)it was very sweet of her to offer to do it
es una persona encantadorafue muy amable de su parte ofrecerse a hacerloit was very sweet of you to buy me flowersfue todo un detalle de tu parte comprarme floreshe says he loves me just to keep me sweetdice que me quiere solo para tenerme contentato be sweet on somebody [colloquial]she's sweet on a boy at schoolle gusta mucho un chico del colegio
está enamoriscada de un chico del colegio [colloquial]Example sentences3.3 (attractive)
- But you better not cross her, because even though she's mostly sweet and nice and very pretty, she's not afraid to write a song about you if she has to.
- I always thought that you were sweet and nice, and you were always there for me.
- Alyssa had known Valerie for a couple of months then and thought Valerie was a sweet person.
- It's a rather sweet and endearing little premise, one which the folks behind this film are hoping that coveted tween market might enjoy.
- Haden has an endearing and sweet voice and Frisell's guitar is just as elegant and persuasive.
- Once again, he blew everyone away with his sweet voice and endearing songs about love and loss.
- Ears still stand up, but for the sweet sounds of the silver lining in the music they make together.
- To walk across fields and meadows in early summer and no longer see a speck in the sky and hear a sweet trill like song and crescendo of melodic notes from the skylark.
- The sweet sounds of Bach echoed in a seemingly empty loft.
- The influence of punk is quite sweet and gratifying.
- Derry Rovers Youths gained sweet revenge over rivals Spink Celtic in this Shield match played in the Ben Mulhall Park on Sunday, April 7.
- They are tales of brutal death and sweet revenge, savage slayings and cryptic final words - stories that lift the coffin lid on Yorkshire's grisly past.
- 1 (confectionery)(British English)she eats too many sweets
caramelo (masculine) or (Latin America except River Plate area) dulce (masculine)come demasiados caramelos or demasiadas golosinasExample sentences
- Halvais have produced as many variations on their themes as European confectioners have on boiled sugar sweets.
- Casey James Confectionery Store has sold sweets and candies on St Mary's Street, off the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, since 1954.
- Another point to stress is that they do not seem to have candies or sweets for children: sugar is in short supply and regarded
- 2 (dessert)(British English)
postre (masculine)Example sentences
- Pudding was rose - flavoured chum chum sweetmeats, lachedar rabri, a milk sweet, and tila kulfi - Indian ice cream on a stick, delivered by cart.
- A number of desserts and sweets have a national presence, principally a group of milk desserts of the flan or caramel custard family.
- Faced with multiple sweets and puddings, I simply reclined and used the best of the divan.
- 3also: sweets plural3.1 (sugary food)(American English)avoid all sweets
dulces (masculine plural)procure no comer dulces3.2 (pleasures) [literary]placeres (masculine plural)the sweets of youthlos placeres de la juventudthe sweets of victoryel dulce sabor de la victoriaExample sentences
- Or is this repertoire of sweets a taste of things to come for the Indian team?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.