- (of water, dust, people) remolino (m); (of smoke) voluta (f), espiral (f) the swirl of the dancers' skirts el movimiento de las faldas de las bailarinas a swirl of whipped cream un copo de crema or (Esp) de nata batidaMore example sentences
- The road, where at points the wind raised swirls of white dust without itself being felt, was as lonely as though no one had ever been along it.
- I heard the wind whisper as I stood there in the swirls of dust.
- The occasional gust of wind sent little swirls of dust and debris flying through the air, and dead bodies littered the ground.
- [water/dust/paper] arremolinarse; [dancers/skirts] girarMore example sentences
- My blood was swirling in a spiral pattern, before finally mixing with the water and turning it red.
- Shawn's whole world swirled, and twisted, making him want to throw up, but he stayed conscious.
- This fish had other ideas, it twisted and swirled but slowly inch by inch it came to the landing net.