intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
- girar she swiveled around to look at me se volvió para mirarme, giró sobre sus talones para mirarme
transitive verb/verbo transitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
- hacer* girar he swiveled his chair around hizo girar la sillaMore example sentences
- Each venue would have specifically designed cruising areas, where you would stand on your own, away from your friends, eyes swivelling round like radars.
- Try swivelling the mixer tap round to the right and the ensuing stream of water misses the second sink by a good couple of inches, creating large puddles across the worktop.
- Suddenly he swivelled round and began doing Groucho Marx impressions.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.