vi ( (BrE) -ll-)
- girar she swiveled around to look at me se volvió para mirarme, giró sobre sus talones para mirarme
vt ( (BrE) -ll-)
- hacer* girar he swiveled his chair around hizo girar la sillaMore example sentences
- Each venue would have specifically designed cruising areas, where you would stand on your own, away from your friends, eyes swivelling round like radars.
- Try swivelling the mixer tap round to the right and the ensuing stream of water misses the second sink by a good couple of inches, creating large puddles across the worktop.
- Suddenly he swivelled round and began doing Groucho Marx impressions.
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.
- plataforma (f) giratoria (before n) swivel chair silla (f) giratoriaMore example sentences
- Patented swivel axle keeps all three wheels on the ground even on sharp turns.
- Each model is equipped with swivel studs, swivels and a padded sling.
- Each groove holds the projection and stops the swivel action while the swivel base swivels to a particular orientation in the mounting base.