Translation of symbolize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (be a symbol of) simbolizar*Example sentences1.2 (represent) representar simbólicamente
- Find a photo that illustrates, demonstrates or somehow symbolizes each word given.
- The broken glass symbolises the broken faith, broken trust and shattered justice, our axe symbolises the steadfastness of our determination.
- In many countries they symbolise Justice as blind and bearing scales.
- The columns have been painted to resemble jade, and in Chinese erotic poetry the male phallus is often symbolised as a jade column or a bamboo shoot.
- The post-war change in approach can be symbolised in the snapshot, subject of another section of the exhibition.
- He became first president of Turkey, changing his name to Kemal Ataturk, symbolising him as father of the nation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.