transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (be a symbol of) simbolizar*More example sentences1.2 (represent) representar simbólicamente
More example sentences
- Find a photo that illustrates, demonstrates or somehow symbolizes each word given.
- The broken glass symbolises the broken faith, broken trust and shattered justice, our axe symbolises the steadfastness of our determination.
- In many countries they symbolise Justice as blind and bearing scales.
- The columns have been painted to resemble jade, and in Chinese erotic poetry the male phallus is often symbolised as a jade column or a bamboo shoot.
- The post-war change in approach can be symbolised in the snapshot, subject of another section of the exhibition.
- He became first president of Turkey, changing his name to Kemal Ataturk, symbolising him as father of the nation.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.