transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (make coincide) to synchronize sth (
withsth) [movements/mechanism] sincronizar* algo ( conalgo) the film and the soundtrack are perfectly synchronized la película y la banda sonora están perfectamente sincronizadas synchronized swimming natación (feminine) sincronizada, nado (masculine) sincronizado (Mexico/México)More example sentences1.2 (set to same time) [clocks/watches] sincronizar*
More example sentences
- The goal is to ensure that all movement is synchronized to meet operations and logistics timelines.
- Even when all his pistons were synchronised and operating precisely, Jones did not like to take chances.
- All the cuts, all the ski strokes, all the movements are synchronized with the tempo of the sound.
- The theory should also help in the design of quantum techniques for synchronizing atomic clocks aboard satellites, which keep slightly different times because of their relative motion.
- My guys synchronise their watches with the atomic clock.
- These clocks are synchronized with a number of atomic standards on Earth to provide the highly precise time reference needed to locate objects precisely on or near Earth's surface.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- to synchronize (
withsth) [movements/soundtrack] estar* sincronizado ( conalgo)More example sentences
- They breathe in time with the listener, pulses synchronising, heart rate slowing.
- Joshua laid his head on her shoulder, listening as her heavy breathing synchronized with his.
- The mandible, or lower jaw, rocks slowly back and forth to aid and synchronize with this process.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.