- [terms/phrases] sinónimo; [ideas] análogo to be synonymous
withsth ser* sinónimo dealgo the company's name is synonymous with quality el nombre de la compañía es sinónimo de calidadMore example sentences
More example sentences
- I for one do not share the view that the terms are essentially synonymous.
- If at one point the terms were synonymous their meanings have gradually diverged.
- Back in England, the phrase ‘mumbo jumbo’ became synonymous with rubbish rantings.
- Not only does the garment instantly suggest dance, it is synonymous with classical ballet.
- Granted, Chekhov's name is not synonymous with comedy, but this work shows he has a lighter side.
- For years, the internet has been practically synonymous with anonymity.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.