Translation of synthesis in Spanish:
noun plural synthesesPronunciation: /-θəsiːz/
- 1 countable and uncountable (bringing together)Example sentences
- Papers cited, many of which are either specific references to original ideas or syntheses of broad areas or topics, contain extensive bibliographic references to original data sources.
- I think a productive blog session would consciously use analyses like this as well as syntheses that provide the substance for such findings.
- He had plenty to play with: Postwar America was full of new musical syntheses.
- 2 countable (Philosophy)Example sentences
- It is also to be noted that the dialectical process is not simply from thesis and antithesis to final synthesis; it is an eternal, open-ended spiral of development.
- This antithesis found its synthesis in Stoicism, the philosophy of both master and slave… and so on.
- Every synthesis becomes a new thesis, which becomes the target of a new antithesis.
- 3 uncountable and countable (Chemistry)Example sentences
- Polymerization is another type of chemical reaction employed in organic synthesis to couple small monomeric units into a much larger chain.
- Other compounds function in chemical analysis and in synthesis in a chemistry laboratory of organic compounds.
- The advent of chemistry and chemical synthesis, however, saw their steady decline.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.