noun/nombre (plural -theses /-θəsiːz/)
- 1 c and u (bringing together) síntesis (feminine)More example sentences
- Papers cited, many of which are either specific references to original ideas or syntheses of broad areas or topics, contain extensive bibliographic references to original data sources.
- I think a productive blog session would consciously use analyses like this as well as syntheses that provide the substance for such findings.
- He had plenty to play with: Postwar America was full of new musical syntheses.
- 2 countable/numerable [Philos] síntesis (feminine)More example sentences
- It is also to be noted that the dialectical process is not simply from thesis and antithesis to final synthesis; it is an eternal, open-ended spiral of development.
- This antithesis found its synthesis in Stoicism, the philosophy of both master and slave… and so on.
- Every synthesis becomes a new thesis, which becomes the target of a new antithesis.
- 3 u and c [Chemistry/Química] síntesis (feminine)More example sentences
- Polymerization is another type of chemical reaction employed in organic synthesis to couple small monomeric units into a much larger chain.
- Other compounds function in chemical analysis and in synthesis in a chemistry laboratory of organic compounds.
- The advent of chemistry and chemical synthesis, however, saw their steady decline.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.