Translation of synthesize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 [Chemistry/Química] [Physiology/Fisiología] sintetizar*Example sentences
- The light energy is used to split apart carbon dioxide and synthesize the carbon-based molecules of life.
- Once completed, each half of the DNA ladder can form a new DNA molecule with the identical genetic code because of specific chemical catalysts that help synthesize the complementary strand.
- Reduction reactions are also used by chemists to synthesize pharmaceuticals, textiles, dyes, paints, and a multitude of other important products.
- 2 [ideas/strands] sintetizar*Example sentences
- Even then, the relative strengths and weaknesses of all of this (often conflicting) information has to be synthesised into a coherent whole.
- In this way, a project arose that sought to combine and synthesize both advanced Western democratic and ancient tribal values.
- These dual qualities gave me occasion to explore my growing interest in synthesizing Traditional and Modern design, adding to the appeal of the project on a personal level.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.