- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] (sugar solution) almíbar (masculine); (with other ingredients) jarabe (masculine), sirope (masculine); (for making soft drinks) jarabe (masculine), concentrado (masculine) canned fruit in syrup fruta enlatada en almíbarMore example sentences1.2 (medicine) jarabe (masculine)
More example sentences
- Select canned fruit in its own juice or water, not heavy syrup, and frozen fruit without added sugar.
- Make a simple mint syrup by boiling sugar and water together for 5 minutes; cool.
- Candied fruits and fruits preserved in syrup are also traditional.
- This type of sedation involves swallowing sedative tablets or syrup.
- Boxes of medicines, varying from children's syrup to Viagra and antiretrovirals, were found in the warehouse.
- Simple cough mixtures contain ingredients known as demulcents, for example glycerin, honey and syrup.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.