- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] (sugar solution) almíbar (m); (with other ingredients) jarabe (m), sirope (m); (for making soft drinks) jarabe (m), concentrado (m) canned fruit in syrup fruta enlatada en almíbarMore example sentences1.2 (medicine) jarabe (masculine) cough syrup jarabe para la tos
More example sentences
- Select canned fruit in its own juice or water, not heavy syrup, and frozen fruit without added sugar.
- Make a simple mint syrup by boiling sugar and water together for 5 minutes; cool.
- Candied fruits and fruits preserved in syrup are also traditional.
- This type of sedation involves swallowing sedative tablets or syrup.
- Boxes of medicines, varying from children's syrup to Viagra and antiretrovirals, were found in the warehouse.
- Simple cough mixtures contain ingredients known as demulcents, for example glycerin, honey and syrup.
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)