Translation of syrupy in Spanish:
- 1.1 [mixture/consistency] espeso como jarabeExample sentences1.2 (cloying) [voice/smile/music] almibarado
- Prepare the glaze: put the confectioner's sugar in a small bowl, and pour in some lemon juice, a little at a time, whisking until the glaze gets to the right consistency, thick and syrupy.
- The sauce should be reduced to a thick syrupy consistency.
- Bring to the boil and reduce it to a thin syrupy sauce consistency.
- The essay continues in the style of its conception and her sentimental and syrupy excess will have you cringing throughout.
- Valentine's Day is no longer only about syrupy sentimentality.
- If it sounds like syrupy sentiment, he's unapologetic.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.