Translation of system in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (ordered structure) sistema (masculine), método (masculine) 1.2 (procedure) sistema (masculine) filing/classification system sistema de archivo/clasificación to get to know the system familiarizarse* con el sistema there's no system in your approach tu enfoque no es nada sistemático or metódico 1.3 (organizational whole) sistema (masculine) the prison system el sistema penitenciario
- 2 2.1 (technical, mechanical) sistema (masculine) a missile system un sistema de misiles all systems go! ¡todo bien! 2.2 [Computing/Informática] sistema (masculine)Example sentences2.3 [Audio] equipo (masculine) (de sonido or audio)
- One way to get these economies is to roll up the smaller software, systems, and hardware into the larger system.
- Even when I try to get my head out of the clouds and try to focus on our Linux systems, I think application launchers.
- The software can look out over various servers and storage systems and puts all of the hardware in a single panel for the users.
- The proportion of other gasses is always kept constant on the earth by the help of interconnected complex systems.
- He wanted to see the two systems actually mesh together and communicate with each other so it was possible to step off a tram and onto a train at the same platform.
- The complex of field systems and large stone walls extend from the north western slopes of Mount Brandon to within the boundaries of Dingle.
- 3 3.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] [Physiology/Fisiología] the digestive/respiratory system el aparato digestivo/respiratorio the nervous system el sistema nervioso 3.2 (body) cuerpo (masculine), organismo (masculine) my system can't cope with so much food mi cuerpo or mi organismo no puede con tanta comida to get sb/sth out of one's system it took me years to get her out of my system me llevó años olvidarla or sacármela de la cabeza I had to say it; I needed to get it out of my system se lo tuve que decir; me tenía que desahogar it will help get the toxins out of your system te va a ayudar a eliminar las toxinasExample sentences
- No prisoner wants to be caught with drugs in their system, so they choose to shoot up rather than smoke a joint.
- Decreased kidney function is associated with complications in virtually all organ systems.
- This in turn enhances the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the cells of the body helping the body systems to function to the best of their ability.
- If you have had part of your stomach or other organs removed, this will affect your digestive system.
- 4 4.1 (form of government) sistema (masculine) capitalist/democratic system sistema capitalista/democrático 4.2 (establishment, status quo) the system el sistema it is the system which is at fault lo que falla es el sistema he tried to beat the system intentó burlar el sistemaExample sentences
- The new system uses the same principles in effect all across the country.
- Critics of this three-way scheme say the system will cause more problems than it solves.
- The contents of this closet are organized according to a system I have yet to master.
- 5 (for gambling) fórmula (feminine), martingala (feminine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur)Example sentences
- Over the centuries, individuals have tried elaborate betting systems.
- Betting systems, that is, the manipulation of money, cannot overcome the math of craps.
- Gambling is a sea of systems floating shore to shore, like notes in bottles bobbing on the waves.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.