Translation of system in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (ordered structure)Example sentences1.2 (procedure) filing/classification system
sistema de archivo/clasificaciónto get to know the systemfamiliarizarse con el sistemathere's no system in your approachtu enfoque no es nada sistemático or metódico1.3 (organizational whole) the prison systemel sistema penitenciario
- The new system uses the same principles in effect all across the country.
- Critics of this three-way scheme say the system will cause more problems than it solves.
- The contents of this closet are organized according to a system I have yet to master.
- 2 2.1 (technical, mechanical) a missile systemun sistema de misilesall systems go!¡todo bien!Example sentences2.2 (Computing)
Example sentences2.3 (Audio)
- The proportion of other gasses is always kept constant on the earth by the help of interconnected complex systems.
- He wanted to see the two systems actually mesh together and communicate with each other so it was possible to step off a tram and onto a train at the same platform.
- The complex of field systems and large stone walls extend from the north western slopes of Mount Brandon to within the boundaries of Dingle.
- One way to get these economies is to roll up the smaller software, systems, and hardware into the larger system.
- Even when I try to get my head out of the clouds and try to focus on our Linux systems, I think application launchers.
- The software can look out over various servers and storage systems and puts all of the hardware in a single panel for the users.
- 3 3.1 (Anatomy, Physiology)the digestive/respiratory systemel aparato digestivo/respiratoriothe nervous systemel sistema nerviosoExample sentences
Example sentences3.2 (body) my system can't cope with so much food
- Decreased kidney function is associated with complications in virtually all organ systems.
- This in turn enhances the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the cells of the body helping the body systems to function to the best of their ability.
- If you have had part of your stomach or other organs removed, this will affect your digestive system.
mi cuerpo or mi organismo no puede con tanta comidato get somebody/something out of one's systemit took me years to get her out of my systemme llevó años olvidarla or sacármela de la cabezaI had to say it; I needed to get it out of my systemse lo tuve que decir; me tenía que desahogarit will help get the toxins out of your systemte va a ayudar a eliminar las toxinas
- No prisoner wants to be caught with drugs in their system, so they choose to shoot up rather than smoke a joint.
- 4 4.1 (form of government) capitalist/democratic systemsistema capitalista/democrático4.2 (establishment, status quo) the systemel sistemait is the system which is at faultlo que falla es el sistemahe tried to beat the systemintentó burlar el sistema
- 5 (for gambling)Example sentences
- Over the centuries, individuals have tried elaborate betting systems.
- Betting systems, that is, the manipulation of money, cannot overcome the math of craps.
- Gambling is a sea of systems floating shore to shore, like notes in bottles bobbing on the waves.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.