Translation of table in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (piece of furniture) dinner's on the table!¡la cena está servida!he painted the royal family at tablepintó a la familia real sentada a la mesadon't do that at the tableno hagas eso en la mesacome and sit at or (British also) on our tablesiéntate con nosotrosto lay or set the table to clear the tablelevantar or (Spain) quitar la mesato book a table for fourreservar una mesa para cuatrobridge/billiard tablemesa de bridge/billarthe terrorists have agreed to come to the negotiating tablelos terroristas han aceptado sentarse a la mesa de negociacioneson the tablesome new proposals are now on the tablehay nuevas propuestas sobre el tapetethe offer on the table at the moment is unacceptablela oferta que han hecho es inaceptableto lay something on the tableproponer algoto drink somebody under the tableshe can drink you under the tablete da cien mil vueltas bebiendoone glass of sherry and I'm under the table!una copa de jerez y ya no me tengo en pieto turn the tablesthe tables are turnedse ha vuelto or (Southern Cone) se ha dado vuelta la tortilla [colloquial]they managed to turn the tables on their adversarieslograron volverles las tornas a sus adversariosshe then turned the tables on the interviewerentonces empezó ella a hacerle preguntas al entrevistador(before noun) (knife/lamp/salt/wine)table dancing
de mesa(striptease o baile erótico realizado sobre o junto a una mesa)his table manners leave a lot to be desiredsus modales en la mesa dejan mucho que desearExample sentences1.2under the table he was paid $10,000 under the table
le pagaron 10.000 dólares bajo cuerda or bajo mano(before noun) under-the-table 1.3 (people seated at table)Example sentences
- He made occasional furniture pieces such as tables and chairs, as well as picture frames.
- Around the edges of the room were pieces of furniture like tables and a few chairs.
- The woodwork in the show includes large furniture items like tables, benches and screens as well as plates, letters openers and wine corkstoppers.
- After he left we discovered that he had insisted on paying for the meal for the whole table.
- In the end, the table settled on getting a jug of red lemonade and a jug of water.
- Everyone at the table seemed to instantly get up, and soon other tables followed suit.
- 2 2.1 (list) multiplication or [colloquial] times tablestablas de multiplicarthe four-/ten-times tablela tabla del cuatro/dieztable of contentsExample sentences2.2
also: league table(British)
- Their current position in the table is a testament to the kind of hard work, patience and stability that is very rare in football nowadays.
- This result took Burley to the top of the table, a position they strengthened further with a win at Menston on Monday.
- Since then they have won ten of their last 11 league games to finish a creditable fourth in the final table.
- 1 1.1 (US) (postpone)Example sentences1.2 (British) (submit)
- I move that that issue be tabled, that we may select a new First Councilor.
- The abduction issue would be tabled if bilateral talks are resumed possibly later this month.
- Following Council's usual practice, this motion was tabled, to be considered with other financial commitments at the end of the meeting.
- The discussions tabled during the meeting focused on creating a more unique festival atmosphere specific to Pattaya and reducing the time frame of the event.
- Plans for the reception centres are expected to be tabled at a meeting of the British, Italian, Spanish, French and German justice ministers in Florence in October.
- The same sources emphasise that the American has not yet formally tabled any bid for any further shares, never mind the Irish pair's vast holding.
- 2 (list)(data)
presentar en forma de tabla
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.