Translation of tailor-made in Spanish:
- 1.1 [suit/dress] hecho a (la) medidaExample sentences1.2 (perfectly suited) [product/plan] a la medida de sus ( or nuestras etc) necesidades the job is tailor-made for her es un trabajo a su medida, es un trabajo que ni mandado a hacer para ella (Latin America/América Latina)
- Last year I purchased 5 stylish tailor-made suits and all the pants have pleats.
- That's the beauty of a tailor-made suit; you won't need to have it altered several times before it fits perfectly.
- They'll add a touch of class to your new tailor-made suit, of course.
- Future developments could also see new gene-based drugs being tailor-made to a person's individual DNA to make them more effective in combating disease.
- A programme of therapies is tailor-made for each child.
- Situated in the centre of the Barony of Erris, Belmullet lies between the bays of Broadhaven to the north, and Blacksod to the south and is tailor-made for such a festival.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
El Cid (from Arabic "sid" or "master") was the name given to Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar (born Vivar, near Burgos, c1043). He is Spain's warrior hero, being brave and warlike but also loyal and fair. He grew up in the court of Fernando I of Castile and later fought against the Moors, earning the title, Campeador. He married Jimena, granddaughter of Alfonso VI, "the Wise." In 1089, after a disagreement with the king, he and his loyal retainers went into exile, recapturing Valencia from the Moors. He died in 1099 and his deeds are the subject of many oral accounts, the most complete being El Cantar del Mío Cid. His sword, La Tizona, is in a museum in Burgos.