Translation of taint in Spanish:
- (contaminate)(meat/water)the generosity of their donation was tainted by selfish motives
contaminarla generosidad del donativo se veía empañada por el egoísmo de sus motivosto be tainted
withsomethinghis writings are tainted with racismsu obra está contaminada de racismoExample sentences
- Pollution from Asia can taint the air along the West Coast of the U.S., said scientists on Friday at a meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Pollution, noise, tainted food, plastics, celebrity boxing - we live in an alarmingly toxic environment.
- The substitute eliminates the problem of donated blood being tainted by infections or impurities.
- The market has been tainted with poor quality products, dismal performance and overwhelming disappointment.
- But some of the most prominent have been tainted by scandal.
- Both tainted by scandal, they are also the most polarizing figures from each of their respective parties.
- 1.1 countable (trace) 1.2 uncountable (stain) to be without taint of prejudice [formal or liter]estar libre de prejuiciosto be free of taintestar limpio de toda mancha or máculaExample sentences
- She should have the best of forage, the purest of water, the cleanest and best of ventilated stables, and the air should be free from any taint of noxious vapors - in a word, the entire environment of this faithful animal should be as carefully and honestly protected as though she was human and not brute.
- It is as clean as the newest and freshest rubber, you can throw it over the daintiest lady's dress with perfect safety, you can hang it in the same closet with your evening clothes and get no taint of odor.
- Right now, the judge has got to see that there's a possibility of some taint to this jury pool.
- The problem is that I am apparently carrying a taint.
- A low level of taint will disappear in a few minutes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.