Translation of takeoff in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Aviation) the plane is ready for takeoffel avión está listo para despegar or ( (Latin America) tb) decolarthe economy is ready for takeoffla economía está a punto de levantar vuelo
el país está listo para el despegue económicoExample sentences1.2 (Sport)
- Hauling scientists and supplies to the stations gives aircrews a chance to practice icy take-offs and landings and get a feel for being on the ice.
- Crosswinds of up to 30 knots can be accommodated on aircraft take-off or landing with or without stores.
- The take-off is flawless; a steep climb has the aircraft high by strip's end to avoid the possibility of ground-fire.
- 2 (caricature, imitation) [colloquial] to do a takeoff of somebodyhacer una parodia de alguien
imitar a alguienExample sentences
- Overall I thought it was a marvelous take off of all the hood movies.
- Brief glimpses of Bleak House and Great Expectations are followed by a wonderfully witty take-off of A Christmas Carol, with skateboarding ghosts and Tiny Tim on electric guitar.
- Of all the parodies performed on 'The Carol Burnett Show', probably the best-remembered and funniest was an inspired takeoff of the classic film 'Gone With The Wind'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.