Translation of tame in Spanish:
adjective tamer, tamest
- 1.1 (animal) (by nature)(tamed)(committee/judiciary) we have a tame mechanic who'll fix that for you [humorous]domadotenemos un mecánico muy servicial que te lo puede arreglarExample sentences1.2 (unexciting)
- Be aware that injured animals, even tame pets will bite savagely if given a chance.
- Instead of importing tame pigs, people from several different countries domesticated the animals themselves.
- One internet site agrees, declaring the animals to be ‘noble and tame dogs with the family, but distrustful of strangers’.
- She's intending to visit again, with a sister in-tow, and possibly once more with a tame builder who will advise her on the practicability of extending the house.
- So I think there are a number of people within the Met who are feeding information to what they regard as tame reporters.
- The biotech companies and their tame scientists are using other people's poverty to engineer their own enrichment.
- Overall it was a rather tame affair with no controversy on any subject.
- It was a pretty tame affair compared to last year.
- The subpoena hearing, which is normally a tame affair, was contentious because the music industry sees it as a test case.
- (wild animal)(stray)nobody could tame herera indomableExample sentences
- Wild crops such as wheat and barley began to be cultivated, and wild animals such as sheep and goats were tamed and then domesticated.
- The Asian elephant featured strongly in Buddhism and Brahminism and the elephants were tamed and domesticated to be able to be used efficiently.
- Some live out their circus fantasies by taming lions or elephants, but aerial acts combine macho cool and athletic grace.
- The last time police repression was used to tame the powerful Italian left was in the 1970s.
- Isn't it also about - or I should say, how do you avoid it being about mind over matter, you know, that old Western paradigm of the rational mind controlling or taming the body?
- I was working on taming my out of control curly black hair, it wasn't going so well, I had given up on trying to blow dry it straight, so I just let it go.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.