Translation of tame in Spanish:
adjective tamer, tamest
- 1.1 (animal) (by nature)(tamed) domado(committee/judiciary) we have a tame mechanic who'll fix that for you [humorous]
domesticadotenemos un mecánico muy servicial que te lo puede arreglarExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (unexciting)
- Be aware that injured animals, even tame pets will bite savagely if given a chance.
- Instead of importing tame pigs, people from several different countries domesticated the animals themselves.
- One internet site agrees, declaring the animals to be ‘noble and tame dogs with the family, but distrustful of strangers’.
- She's intending to visit again, with a sister in-tow, and possibly once more with a tame builder who will advise her on the practicability of extending the house.
- So I think there are a number of people within the Met who are feeding information to what they regard as tame reporters.
- The biotech companies and their tame scientists are using other people's poverty to engineer their own enrichment.
- Overall it was a rather tame affair with no controversy on any subject.
- It was a pretty tame affair compared to last year.
- The subpoena hearing, which is normally a tame affair, was contentious because the music industry sees it as a test case.
- (wild animal)
domar(stray)nobody could tame her
domesticarera indomableExample sentences
- Wild crops such as wheat and barley began to be cultivated, and wild animals such as sheep and goats were tamed and then domesticated.
- The Asian elephant featured strongly in Buddhism and Brahminism and the elephants were tamed and domesticated to be able to be used efficiently.
- Some live out their circus fantasies by taming lions or elephants, but aerial acts combine macho cool and athletic grace.
- The last time police repression was used to tame the powerful Italian left was in the 1970s.
- Isn't it also about - or I should say, how do you avoid it being about mind over matter, you know, that old Western paradigm of the rational mind controlling or taming the body?
- I was working on taming my out of control curly black hair, it wasn't going so well, I had given up on trying to blow dry it straight, so I just let it go.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.