Translation of tan in Spanish:
transitive verb -nn-
- 1.1(leather/hide)Example sentences1.2 1.3
also: tanned past participleExample sentences
- They also came from the odiferous chemicals used to tan animal hides into leather.
- On the second night, after a long day spent scraping and stretching and tanning a deer skin, he asked me what I was hiding from.
- The next day he taught us how to tan the skin, and make weapons and tools from the bones.
- It was a Japanese-American tanned girl with brown eyes, a red spaghetti strap dress with a yellow star and a wand.
- A few minutes later the door opened and a small, pretty tanned girl with straight brown hair walked in.
- The chiseled features had always been tanned deeply by the sun.
intransitive verb -nn-
- (become suntanned)to tan easilybroncearseponerse morenoquemarse (Latin America)I don't tanbroncearse or ponerse moreno con facilidadyo no me pongo morenoExample sentences
- He had pale skin, but it was March, and even then I understood that people tanned in summer and lost color in winter.
- In case you are thinking why there is a line above the gstring tanline, I was tanning with a rather high-waist normal bikini bottom at first.
- Whether you're tanning on the beach or staying cool at the mall, these glosses will be perfect for subtle shine or a high powered sheen.
- 1.1 (on skin) I've lost my tanto have a deep tanse me ha ido el bronceado or (especially Spain) el moreno1.2 (color)estar muy bronceado or morenoExample sentences
- The puppies are both crossbred males, one is black and white and smooth-coated and the other is nearly all black with some tan colouring.
- They are usually brown, but can vary in colour from light tan to black.
- She was dressed in tan fishing overalls with a fishing hat, bulky black boots, and a pink T-shirt underneath.
- If you want the golden glow of a tan without exposure to damaging UV light, consider using sunless tanning products or bronzers.
- Develop golden tans and honour requests for autographs.
- Flawless skin and a radiant tan are key to complementing the clothing trends for spring and summer 2002.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.