Translation of tan in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-nn-)
- 1.1 [leather/hide] curtirExample sentences1.2 [sun] poner* moreno, broncear, tostar*, quemar (Latin America/América Latina) 1.3
(tanned past participle of/participio pasado de)[body/face] bronceado, morenoExample sentences
- They also came from the odiferous chemicals used to tan animal hides into leather.
- On the second night, after a long day spent scraping and stretching and tanning a deer skin, he asked me what I was hiding from.
- The next day he taught us how to tan the skin, and make weapons and tools from the bones.
- It was a Japanese-American tanned girl with brown eyes, a red spaghetti strap dress with a yellow star and a wand.
- A few minutes later the door opened and a small, pretty tanned girl with straight brown hair walked in.
- The chiseled features had always been tanned deeply by the sun.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-nn-)
- (become suntanned) broncearse, ponerse* moreno, quemarse (Latin America/América Latina) to tan easily broncearse or ponerse* moreno con facilidad I don't tan yo no me pongo morenoExample sentences
- He had pale skin, but it was March, and even then I understood that people tanned in summer and lost color in winter.
- In case you are thinking why there is a line above the gstring tanline, I was tanning with a rather high-waist normal bikini bottom at first.
- Whether you're tanning on the beach or staying cool at the mall, these glosses will be perfect for subtle shine or a high powered sheen.
- 1.1 (on skin) bronceado (masculine), moreno (masculine) (especially Spain/especialmente España) I've lost my tan se me ha ido el bronceado or (especially Spain/especialmente España) el moreno to have a deep tan estar* muy bronceado or moreno 1.2 (color) habano (masculine)
- [shoes/sweater] habano
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.