Translation of tank in Spanish:
- 1 (for liquid, gas)(on trucks, rail wagons etc)fermentation tanksdeveloping tank (Photography)cubas (feminine plural) de fermentacióncubeta (feminine) de reveladoExample sentences
- Only two tonnes of liquid chlorine spilt from a storage tank after an equipment failure, but it was enough to cause plenty of drama.
- The protest forced the field to halt production in order to prevent its 2,000-barrel storage tanks from overflowing.
- Moreover, much of the water supply is deliberately contaminated by willful destruction of sewers, water pipes and storage tanks.
- The fuel tank still contained gasoline and the majority of rubber hoses and other rubber items were in such condition that they could be reused if wanted.
- With a full tank of fuel, the weight bias shifts rearwards slightly, which helps traction, as does the standard limited slip differential.
- Fuel tanks could be considered the container of the lifeblood of your Mazda.
- 2 (Military)Example sentences
- There is no doubt we have the finest tanks and infantry fighting vehicles in the world.
- Among the advantages, few of the Army's tanks and armored fighting vehicles were lost to enemy action, and in most cases, their crews survived.
- Other reports indicated that hundreds of people were being indiscriminately mowed down by tanks and armoured vehicles in various suburbs.
- 3 (jail)(American English) [slang]tanque (masculine) or tambo (masculine) (Mexico) [colloquial]Example sentences
- I got thrown in once when I was underage, not to eventful though...tried to get a cop to drive me home, he said sure and drove me straight to the tank.
- And don't refrain from telling your friends: Among drunks, the real ones anyway, a night in the tank is a very large feather in the drinking cap.
- Get thrown in the tank and they let me out at 6am and give me back my shoe laces and bifocal sunglasses I don't even remember them and just kind of smiled when the girl was emptying the bag.
- (American English) [colloquial] (stock market)(movie/show)fracasar estrepitosamenteExample sentences
- I know a great deal about movies - what's tanking, what's opened wide, what's in turnaround, what the buzz is.
- For a movie that was so different, it should surprise no one that the movie tanked at the box office and was generally reviled by the critical press.
- As the rest of Asia's economies tanked during the financial crisis that began in 1997, Taiwan remained afloat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.