Translation of tapestry in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -tries)
- 1 1.1 c and u (wall hanging) tapiz (masculine); (fabric) tela (feminine) de tapicería it's all part of life's rich tapestry ¡son cosas de la vida!Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (art form) tapicería (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) tapestry hangings tapices (masculine plural)
- On the walls, there were thick tapestries made of expensive fabrics, and old pictures painted in glory.
- Her range of work includes hand-woven tapestry, wall hangings, framed tapestries, hand-woven bags and belts.
- She embroiders clothes, makes tapestries, and weaves.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (needlepoint) bordado (masculine) en cañamazo; (before noun/delante del nombre) [wool] de bordar tapestry frame bastidor (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.