n (pl -tries)
- 1 1.1 c u (wall hanging) tapiz (m); (fabric) tela (f) de tapicería it's all part of life's rich tapestry [set phrase] ¡son cosas de la vida! [frase hecha/set phrase]More example sentences1.2 u (art form) tapicería (f) (before n) tapestry hangings tapices (mpl)
- On the walls, there were thick tapestries made of expensive fabrics, and old pictures painted in glory.
- Her range of work includes hand-woven tapestry, wall hangings, framed tapestries, hand-woven bags and belts.
- She embroiders clothes, makes tapestries, and weaves.
- 2 u (needlepoint) bordado (m) en cañamazo; (before n) [wool] de bordar tapestry frame bastidor (m)
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Argentina (Día de la Independencia)