n (plural -tries)
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (wall hanging) tapiz (m); (fabric) tela (f) de tapicería it's all part of life's rich tapestry [set phrase/frase hecha] ¡son cosas de la vida! [set phrase/frase hecha]More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (art form) tapicería (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) tapestry hangings tapices (masculine plural)
- On the walls, there were thick tapestries made of expensive fabrics, and old pictures painted in glory.
- Her range of work includes hand-woven tapestry, wall hangings, framed tapestries, hand-woven bags and belts.
- She embroiders clothes, makes tapestries, and weaves.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (needlepoint) bordado (masculine) en cañamazo; (before noun/delante del nombre) [wool] de bordar tapestry frame bastidor (masculine)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that bable (or asturiano) is a variety of Castilian spoken in Asturias? It went into decline when the kingdom of Castile achieved political dominance and imposed Castilian on what became Spain. By the twentieth century it was confined to rural areas. With the revival of Spanish regional languages