n (plural -tries)
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (wall hanging) tapiz (m); (fabric) tela (f) de tapicería it's all part of life's rich tapestry [set phrase/frase hecha] ¡son cosas de la vida! [set phrase/frase hecha]More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (art form) tapicería (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) tapestry hangings tapices (masculine plural)
- On the walls, there were thick tapestries made of expensive fabrics, and old pictures painted in glory.
- Her range of work includes hand-woven tapestry, wall hangings, framed tapestries, hand-woven bags and belts.
- She embroiders clothes, makes tapestries, and weaves.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (needlepoint) bordado (masculine) en cañamazo; (before noun/delante del nombre) [wool] de bordar tapestry frame bastidor (masculine)
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)