Translation of tapestry in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -tries)
- 1 1.1 c and u (wall hanging) tapiz (masculine); (fabric) tela (feminine) de tapicería it's all part of life's rich tapestry ¡son cosas de la vida!Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (art form) tapicería (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) tapestry hangings tapices (masculine plural)
- On the walls, there were thick tapestries made of expensive fabrics, and old pictures painted in glory.
- Her range of work includes hand-woven tapestry, wall hangings, framed tapestries, hand-woven bags and belts.
- She embroiders clothes, makes tapestries, and weaves.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (needlepoint) bordado (masculine) en cañamazo; (before noun/delante del nombre) [wool] de bordar tapestry frame bastidor (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.