n (pl -tries)
- 1 1.1 c u (wall hanging) tapiz (m); (fabric) tela (f) de tapicería it's all part of life's rich tapestry [set phrase] ¡son cosas de la vida! [frase hecha/set phrase]More example sentences1.2 u (art form) tapicería (f) (before n) tapestry hangings tapices (mpl)
- On the walls, there were thick tapestries made of expensive fabrics, and old pictures painted in glory.
- Her range of work includes hand-woven tapestry, wall hangings, framed tapestries, hand-woven bags and belts.
- She embroiders clothes, makes tapestries, and weaves.
- 2 u (needlepoint) bordado (m) en cañamazo; (before n) [wool] de bordar tapestry frame bastidor (m)
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...