- also: tares plural(Bible)Example sentences
- Good soil is made by plenty of bulky waste organic material or growing winter tares or clover during a resting year.
- This year I'm using winter tares - a winter hardy vetch which will fix nitrogen and provide good protection, but in the past I've also used clovers, buckwheat, phacelia and grazing rye.
- The juniors are fishing at Rawcliffe Lake on a Tuesday evening at present where lots of roach are taking an interest in hemp and tares.
- Some recover and go on to ‘produce a good crop,’ while others become weeds, or tares in God's field, of whom Jesus Christ made a dire warning in another of His parables.
- This is summed up in the biblical antitheses between the wheat and the tares, the old man and the new, outward and inward.
- Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and His disciples came unto Him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
- (weight)Example sentences
- Side loading eliminated the need to drive over the deck to reach other flat cars, so it was eliminated, along with its expense, and more importantly, tare weight.
- With only 1725 kg tare weight, the engine certainly produced plenty of power in all circumstances.
- This tag is used to identify automatically the vehicle and its relevant tare mass, after which the gross mass is determined by weighbridge instrumentation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.