Translation of tarnish in Spanish:
- 1 (spoil)Example sentences
- But all the gold and the glory will be tarnished if basic rights - including free speech - are lacking.
- In science, reputation is all and it is easily tarnished.
- But that also might be a result of canny marketing: no sponsor would wish her to tarnish her image by playing in - and perhaps losing - too many tournaments.
- 2 (make dull)(silver)
- It can tarnish silverware and discolor copper and brass utensils.
- The still waters have lost their clarity, tarnished by the ominous clouds that overhang the harbour.
- Once upon a time it had been gilded, but now the gilding seemed to be tarnishing and flaking - evidently no one came in here to touch up these days.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.