Translation of tarty in Spanish:
- [colloquial](woman)con pinta de ordinaria [colloquial](clothes)de putilla [colloquial]de fulana [colloquial]Example sentences
- They lingered at the entrance to a bar and watched a tarty lady with a spiky black wig and false red nails attempt to entice a fat German tourist.
- Rebecca is best known for playing Karen in Paul Abbott's Shameless, the mouthy and tarty daughter of Frank's girlfriend, Sheila.
- These days, it's mainly host to cheesy 70s and student nights - just drive past on any Saturday and you're bound to see packs of tarty girls fighting over taxis and being sick in the gutter.
- Normally, you would notice the danger signs - the need for control, the short attention span, the tarty clothes, the insatiable insecurity, the hunger for excitement - and take appropriate action.
- After I had dismissed the skin inflaming make-up and the tatty plastic jewellery, all I was left with were surly-looking dolls wearing clompy shoes and tarty skirts that cost the earth.
- The moral crusader commented that she ‘had seen all sorts of things’ in the seedy back streets of London, but she did manage to raise a smile while looking at tarty outfits in a shop window.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to