Translation of tarty in Spanish:
con pinta de ordinaria [colloquial](clothes)
de putilla [colloquial]
de fulana [colloquial]Example sentences
- They lingered at the entrance to a bar and watched a tarty lady with a spiky black wig and false red nails attempt to entice a fat German tourist.
- Rebecca is best known for playing Karen in Paul Abbott's Shameless, the mouthy and tarty daughter of Frank's girlfriend, Sheila.
- These days, it's mainly host to cheesy 70s and student nights - just drive past on any Saturday and you're bound to see packs of tarty girls fighting over taxis and being sick in the gutter.
- Normally, you would notice the danger signs - the need for control, the short attention span, the tarty clothes, the insatiable insecurity, the hunger for excitement - and take appropriate action.
- After I had dismissed the skin inflaming make-up and the tatty plastic jewellery, all I was left with were surly-looking dolls wearing clompy shoes and tarty skirts that cost the earth.
- The moral crusader commented that she ‘had seen all sorts of things’ in the seedy back streets of London, but she did manage to raise a smile while looking at tarty outfits in a shop window.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.