intransitive verb -tt-
- hacer encaje (de lanzadera)Example sentences
- We both worked on our respective needlework projects, and I taught Lars to tat lace.
- Drawing on her incongruous but irrepressible skills as a housewife, she had tatted lengths of batik, draped bolts of brocade, swathed silk, swagged satin, ruched, ruffed, hemmed and hawed.
- I can also tat and crochet laces or other fine works.
- (British English) [colloquial]you paid £5 for that piece of tat!
porquerías (feminine plural) [colloquial]¿pagaste 5 libras por esa porquería? [colloquial]Example sentences
- Well, me and the wife went to Ocean Finance to buy some new furniture to replace this gaudy tat.
- Give It allows friends and relatives to donate a sum of money to a good cause instead of buying a shoddy piece of tat that's destined for the charity shop.
- The World Cup has given men licence to buy all manner of tat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.