- (taxes) impuestos (mpl), cargas (fpl) fiscales; (system) sistema (m) or régimen (m) tributario or fiscal the level of taxation is too high los impuestos son demasiado altos to reduce/increase taxation reducir*/aumentar los impuestos to be subject to/exempt from taxation estar* sujeto al/exento del pago de impuestos (before n) taxation system sistema (m) tributarioMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Income tax rate will not be increased and the progressive taxation system will be preserved.
- Tax experts have been quick to point out the legitimacy of the Irish taxation system.
- In effect, while not a tax, zakaah seems to be a more equitable form of levy than taxation on income.
- These assets were paid for by our forefathers through money raised through local taxation.
- It's vital we reform local democracy so people regard local taxation as money well spent.
- Tax on capital gains provides an incentive to place capital in the member country with the lowest level of taxation.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.