n (pl taxis)
vi (taxies, taxiing or , taxying, taxied)
- [Aviat] rodar* por la pista de despegue/de aterrizaje, carretear (AmL)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Airplanes taxiing for takeoff, for instance, must wait for departing aircraft to take off, or for landing aircraft to arrive and clear the runway.
- Glinting in the pinkish sunlight, the aircraft taxied slowly across the busy airport and took off on schedule 25 minutes later.
- The ground crew then refit the pogos so the aircraft can taxi back to the hangar.
- Unable to gain enough power to take off, the two airmen taxied the aircraft 15 miles back to Azuzeyih.
- A No.75 Squadron pilot taxies a Hornet out on to the runway at RAAF Base Tindal for a mission during Exercise Aces North.
- Use caution in taxiing retractable-gear aircraft through slush or mud.