Translation of team in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Sport, Games) the players on o (British English) in my teamlos jugadores de mi equipo(before noun) (captain)del equipo(game)de equipoExample sentences1.2
(in motor racing)1.3 (of co-workers) they make a good teamforman un buen equipo(before noun) (leader)it was a team effortdel equipofue un trabajo de equipoExample sentences1.4 (of horses)
- For the most part, hockey is truly a team game in a sports world that sells individuals.
- Sports stars have been invited to visit the borough schools in a bid to promote team games and competitive sports.
- Rather, it is the level that separates whether a player helps his team win or lose games.
(of oxen)(of dogs)Example sentences
- The council has won a pledge of £200,000 to put together a team of people to shape the future of the West End.
- Now we see him together with a team of fifty people execute a plan and successfully separate the twin girls.
- This is despite the considerable efforts of a team of would-be rescuers.
- The latter seating four adults plus the driver and was pulled by a team of horses.
- The rigid collar and tandem harness allowed teams to pull with equal strength and greater efficiency.
- The CFD was also fully mobilized using fire wagons pulled by horse teams.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.