Translation of tease in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (make fun of)(person)
tomarle el pelo a [colloquial](cruelly) burlarse or reírse dethey tease me about my lispse burlan or se ríen de mí a causa de mi ceceothey're saying it to tease you
me toman el pelo por mi ceceo [colloquial]lo dicen por tomarte el pelo [colloquial]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (annoy)
- Michael laughed slightly, teasing the dog by tapping him on the side of his head, and then pulling his hand away before the dog could playfully bite him.
- I know it's silly but I've grown used to my quiet little life, pottering about the house and garden, teasing the cats and tending the plants.
- A visit to the city zoo was not considered complete unless one teased a monkey and made it snarl or got it to throw back the banana or nuts thrown at it.
hacer rabiarhe teased her by echoing everything she said
- Those behind the service claim it will let mobile users ‘flirt, tantalise and tease other mobile users by anonymous text messages’.
- When she woke up I kissed and teased her.
- Again, she kissed him, to tease him into state of fiery desire.
fastidiarrepetía todo lo que (ella) decía para hacerla rabiar or para fastidiarla1.3 (torment) 1.4 (tantalize sexually)
- 2 2.1(wool/flax/fabric)
- Chris teased the last few tangles out of his hair.
- His gray-green eyes sparkled with laughter and mirth, as he slung an arm around Jess, his hand teasing her hair affectionately.
- But, however one teases out the strands, the rug remains resolutely tangled.
(hair) (especially American English)
- A fuller of cloth is one who prepares cloth, teasing and thickening it.
hacerse crepé (Mexico)
escarmenar (Chile)Example sentences
- I replied, undoing my ponytail and teasing my hair to make it look a bit better.
- Her short blonde hair was teased into a bouffant style, but her eyes were hidden by an elegant scarlet mask.
- Her hair was teased in a messy bun on the top of her head.
- 1.1 (person) leave her alone, don't be a teasedéjala en paz y no la fastidiesshe's a real tease(sexually) es muy coqueta or provocativaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (something that teases) they said/did it for a tease
- Being an awful tease, I posted something there recently under the heading ‘The neocons were right!’
- He's a bit of a tease, too, notes another nurse nearby.
- Spring Break girls were a tease for the guys and an obvious embarrassment for the parents and grandparents, but it was certainly not a boom for any of the girls.
lo dijeron/hicieron en broma or para fastidiar
- You ask a lot of him in this role - drag, love scenes with men - and he's presented as a sex object and a tease for other men.
- This woman is obviously a flirt and a tease who is looking to get into trouble.
- No one wants to be labeled immediately as the cad, the slut, or the tease; no one wants to be taken advantage of or be seen as an opportunist.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.