Translation of technicality in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1 countable (detail)detalle (masculine) técnicothere are still technicalities to be solvedtodavía quedan por resolver algunos detalles técnicosshe was acquitted on a technicality (Law)fue absuelta en virtud de un tecnicismo jurídicoExample sentences
- And in a third major terrorism case, the Justices ruled on a technicality, sidestepping the merits of that case.
- The Court must rule on a technicality about the institution's legal status, not that the director was a serial abuser.
- The only people it really helps are those accused of crime in the courts, to allow them sometimes to get off on a technicality.
- 2 uncountable (of language, style)Example sentences
- The nature of average war cinema is one that trivializes the human consequences of war for a focus on pure excitement, strategy and technicality.
- He skilfully manages to convey the meat of the science without undue technicality, but also without any dumbing down.
- The band's strong technicality is vividly evident throughout.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.