- 1 (in golf) 1.1 (peg)Example sentences1.2 (area)
the fifth teepunto (masculine) de salidael punto de salida del quinto hoyoExample sentences
- Stick a tee into the ground on an angle, so that the top of it rests just behind the target side of the ball.
- Stick a tee halfway into the ground and stand at address as if a ball were there.
- In fact, take some popcorn to the practice tee and alternate hitting golf balls and pieces of popcorn.
- Many times golf course tees and greens are constructed with materials such as calcareous sands that might require special testing.
- The last club I hit is the one I'm planning to use for my tee shot on the first hole of the day.
- He has already taken his tee shot at the first hole and the injury is clearly hampering his swing.
- 2 (mark)(blanco de ciertos juegos)Example sentences
- Nowadays the curling 'tee' is the line through the centre of the 'house' in curling and is in fact the target not the release line, which is the 'hog' line.
- Two men played two quoits each against each other throwing them a distance of 18 yards, in aiming the quoit he was assisted by a "leader in" who crouched behind the tee holding a piece of paper.
- → tee up
- (garment) (American English) [colloquial] → T-shirtExample sentences
- Get a few pairs of nice, washed dark denim jeans, a stylish cut dark blazer or sportcoat, a few pinstripe dress shirts, some tees with prints, a pair of stylish black shoes, and a black belt.
- The trendsetting active wear includes velour sweat suits, tees, shorts, tank dresses and jeans.
- Call them T-shirts, tee shirts or tees, they're still hot sellers on the trendy fashion scene.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to